How To Play Online
How to Play KENKEN Online
You're already on our website, so we might as well show you how to play the online version of KENKEN. (How nice of us, right?) You'll find lots of cool extra features.
Here are a few pointers for online KENKENers.
Grab your mouse and get ready!
- To start, click on any square. A "number ring" appears with that grid's possible numbers. These numbers will also show up on the left side above the grid as the "Notes" box.
- Ready to fill a number in that square? Just click the one you want in the number ring. It will then appear in the middle of the square.
- Narrowed it down to a couple of numbers but still not totally sure? Click the numbers you want from the Notes box. They'll show up smaller in the square.
Hints: Also in the candidates bar are , :
- Clicking will place all possible Notes in the square.
- Clicking will get rid of all the Notes in the square.
- If you'd like to repeat a note (notes) in another square, simply drag the number from the original square to the new one. Click here to see the video of how it works.
- When you've ruled out one of your notes, click on it again in the Notes box. The number will disappear from the square.
- When you fill in a number in a square (by selecting from the number ring), any notes in that square will disappear.
- Changed your mind about a number? In the number ring, click the red eraser icon to clear the square.
- To hide the number ring, click the red "X."
- How to Use the Keyboard: You can enter numbers and notes by using the keyboard. Once you’ve selected a square, you can press shift and a number key to enter (or delete) that number as a note. Or, to just enter a number in a square, press that number on the keyboard (no shift). To delete a number or note, press C.
- When in Auto mode, impossible notes will automatically disappear from squares as you fill in other squares.
- In Manual mode, all notes will remain until you delete them.
Level: Shows which of the five difficulty levels the puzzle is: Easiest, Easy, Medium, Hard, under puzzle settings if you have an account.
Notes: Jot down ideas you have for possible solutions (or a reminder to call your mom—it's your note!)
Timer: Are you getting faster at solving KENKEN puzzles?
Back to Menu: Takes you back to the Puzzle Selection page when you're ready for more KENKEN. It's addictive!
Solve Another: Immediately generates a new puzzle for you with the same grid size, math operation(s), and difficulty.
Reset: Deletes all numbers you've filled in the grid. (Hey, sometimes it's good to get a fresh start!)
Reveal: Correctly fills in one random empty square. (Great if you're stuck!)
Check: Shows you which squares contain an incorrect number. (Also great if you're stuck.)
Solution: Shows the completed grid. (Great if you're incredibly stuck.)
Undo: Deletes your last move.
Redo: Changed your mind about your undo? Just redo!
Save:Whoa? How it get to be 3 a.m.? Save your game and play it later, except sample puzzles.
Rules: Click here for a refresher on how to play KENKEN.
Printer Icon: We'll give you one guess what clicking on the printer icon does. Very handy if you want to solve it with a pencil, or save a copy for your scrapbook.... (Hey, who knows.)
Pause Button: Pauses the game and the timer (if you need to do one of those less important activities, like working, eating, sleeping….)
Join the leaderboard by subscribing with us! Solve puzzles without using any hints.